Friday, September 21, 2007

We got a Walking-Talking-Snot-Mobile

Almost a week, I know, I know. I tried to post once and accidentally deleted my post, sooo......I gave up for a few days. We have been busy.
Joshua can walk. Two to Four steps if he is pleasant and conscious of it. If he is angry and crying, he has made it all the way across the room! He also picked up his gate system and moved it out of his way today. Uh-OH!!!!!!!
Joshua had his nine month checkup on Monday and had a good review. He grew two inches in one month!! No wonder those clothes didn't want to fit anymore! He is in the 90% for height and 95% for weight. He is a little bit behind in clapping, pointing, waving. He is the most coordinated baby his doctor has seen, but can't seem to master hand-to-hand. We will just keep teaching him.
Friday, we were back at the doctor's office because of bloody sneezes. In less than a week, this kid managed to get fluid backing up his ears, double ear infection, and a sinus infection. Thankfully, he still didn't know he wasn't feeling well and was playful and friendly with the doctors. He also is still behaving at home. Hopefully the antibiotic(which tastes like candy) will work before he feels any pain. Tomorrow it is time to clean the humidifier again. Sigh. This is likely allergy related, but if it continues(he's always got fluid buildup!), we will have to see an ENT and talk about the possibility of tubes in his ears. Hopefully not.
My week has been boring otherwise. I picked out some shoes for Joshua, and a pair for me...hee hee. Then I changed my mind, then I found a generic brand that is supposed to be similar. I will have to go to Target and see.
My biggest point of interest this week has been learning about Seventh Generation Feminine Hygiene Products and also about something called MAma cloth---boys don't want to know, I promise. These are all natural products that I had no idea existed! All I have known is an allergy to the main product line. So nice to find out about this stuff. I urge other women to Google both products and see if it is right for your lifestyle.
Shaun came home from work early with a head cold, so I hit the walgreens and am drugging him up. We will see. Tomorrow is our scheduled day for a trip to the pumpkin patch for some "fall" pictures of baby. I'm excited.

No comments: