Sunday, September 16, 2007

A step, A step....!!!!!!

OKAY.

My son kept me up every single hour last night. I have not had a nap yet today and it is almost 6:30. I did my social duties as a Children's Church leader at church and hung out in the nursery for Sunday School. I have been sleepy and dealing with sleepy and cranky kids all day. I think I've handled myself well, AND managed to get a homemade dinner on the table, just in time to hear my husband say, "I don't want any." WHO is the baby in this house and WHO is the grown up? :) Yes, that was just a little bit evil of me and I shouldn't have said it. I'm tired, so what.

It is all made worthwhile when Shaun says, "He took a step. A real step! He wasn't holding onto anything." And of course I figured he made it up. Why I would think that, I do not know ;).
Then he did it for me after his bath. It was a lonely little step, sort of small and not holding onto anything, and yeah, he did decide after a couple seconds that crawling was more efficient, but he did it.
He was also excited to hear his mama, "Yeah! You did it! A step! Good boy!" And to see the clapping hands must have made it well worth his trouble. It made my day of playing and trying to hold myself together seem worth it for me. It made standing him up in the middle of the floor and saying, "Take a step!" all week seem worth it. He took that step.

Now I want to go cry and wonder exactly how far away from me that step will lead him.

No comments: