Monday, September 24, 2007

mama mama, noooo Daddy!

Saturday we took Joshua to the pumpkin patch. He rode a little tractor and had himself a fun time in the corn maze, and picking out some pumpkins for me to cook with.








Lots of fun. We got lost in the corn maze because Joshua has no sense of direction and we let him lead. Who was the smartest in that scene?

Sunday, Shaun woke up with an extremely scratchy throat and sore so he stayed home from church. One little boy informed me that I am "Just a little bit crazy." I has lots of great needs-a-second-adult activities planned, so I was doing double duty, and double characters in the story reenactment. I asked him if that was a bad thing, and he said" I like crazy."

I thought it was especially funny that when Joshua woke up in the morning, we didn't get him right away, and he started to wail. "maMA! maMA!" here, I started to get out of bed, "maMA! noooooooooo DA-DEE!!!!!!!!" hee hee, your turn, daddy.
I took some time to pick up his books and toys BEFORE bedtime last night, and when Shaun brought him back in to the living room, the little monkey-butt just tore everything right out.
Also, not sure if it made it to this blog or not, but there have been incidents around here with his food. He likes to stash it--in pants, diapers, corners, pockets--and save bits of it for later on snacks. We are trying to catch him in the act to explain no-no to him, but so far, we watch him like a hawk and don't see it until he's sitting there pulling the food from his diaper and eating it! Sits next to a table in the living room and all of the sudden there is food there. We found cereal puffs stuffed under the furniture when we moved it to vaccuum. Isn't 9 mo. too soon to be this sneaky? Anyway, today, he put some dry cereal puffs in my bra.
Thats right, he came up to me with a fistful of puffs and pulled back my shirt and BURIED them. He didn't just drop 'em in. No, his arm was almost up to his elbow in there and then he patted them into place over my shirt!
What do I say to that? I should have said no-no, but I was just so surprised! And of course, as soon as I begin to say something to him, he pulls the wet one from his mouth to add to the stash. I say no, so he shares it with MY mouth instead. "I bet Mama wants to taste this one that I slobbered and sniffled all over...."
Oy!
And it's still morning today. I think I'm going to be BUSY MOM today.

No comments: